- The Ministry of Science and Technology, Government of India, has accorded recognition to IIME as a Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation.
- Justice P.N. Bhagwati and Justice R.S. Pathak, former Chief Justices of India, made a recommendation to the National Committee for Promotion of Social and Economic Welfare of the Ministry of Finance (Department of Revenue) Government of India, New Delhi, to approve the inclusion of this Institute in the public interest for its social relevance.
- It is registered under the provisions of the Rajasthan Societies Registration Act, 1958.
- The Income Tax Commissioner, Jaipur, approved the Institute under Section 80G of the Income Tax Act, 1961.
- The Department of Urban Development and Housing, Government of Rajasthan, notified the existence of IIME in the Gazette of Rajasthan in February 1993.
- The Director General of Foreign Trade, Ministry of Commerce, Government of India, has provided the Importer-Exporter Code (IEC) to the Institute for its publications.